THIS SPRING 2014, PATAGONIA OFFERS ITS FIRST LINE OF TECHNICAL LIGHTWEIGHT CLIMBING PACKS FOR FAST AND LIGHT ALPINE ENDEAVORS. IT ALL STARTED WITH OUR CLIMBING AMBASSADORS’ REQUEST. THEY WANTED A LINE OF SUPER CLEAN PACKS STRIPPED OF EVERYTHING BUT THE FEATURES THAT MATTER MOST TO THE BEST ALPINISTS. PATAGONIA’S TECHNICAL TEAM WORKED WITH THEM TO CREATE A COLLECTION OF PACKS THAT FOCUS ON SIMPLE,
The design was guided from start to finish by Patagonia’s quest for simplicity, functionality and durability. Our Ascensionist Packs let a climber take everything they need without leaving anything behind. They are lightweight, streamlined and efficient – not overbuilt – just thoughtfully built for their intended use.
- Integrated asymmetrical spindrift collar opens wide for easy packing and draws shut in one motion.
- The 35L and 45L packs have an additional spindrift collar that can deploy to protect your gear when you have overstuffed the pack and are compatible with A-frame ski carrying options.
- Adjustable ice axe loops offer a multitude of carrying options.
- Designed to carry a load efficiently and stay out of the way while climbing with a helmet and rack of gear.
- The 35L pack’s hip belt has adjustable pads that can be removed to create a simple webbing hip belt, or you can remove the entire hip belt for ultralight travel.
- The 45L pack’s padded hip belt can be removed to create a simple webbing hip belt.
- Fabric: Body: 6.25-oz 210-denier nylon semi-dull double-ripstop and 6.05-oz 400-denier nylon ripstop. Lining: 1.8-oz 40-denier nylon doubleripstop with a polyurethane coating and silicone finish and 200-denier polyester.
- These packs are offered in three sizes: 25L, 35L and 45L. The 35L and 45L come in different torso length.
25L: £90 / 35L: £120 / 45L: £140
Tailored Grey, Eclectic Orange.